Omnifora Politifora Freefora

Launcher for AirPort Utility v5.6.1

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #1

Support Topic for the Launcher for AirPort Utility v5.6.1

This is a support topic for the Launcher for AirPort Utility v5.6.1 from Bristlecone IT Services (“BITS”). Before posting, please read through the first four posts in this topic; most likely, something in one (or more) of these first four posts will address whatever problem you are having.

If you have used the Launcher with success and just wish to leave a compliment, you may express your gratitude by liking this post (and the following three, if you are so inclined). If you would prefer, BITS also accepts donations for its freeware (which includes the Launcher).

[If you are already familiar with the Launcher and simply wish to go directly to the download page, click here.]

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #2

Common Troubleshooting Measures

Unidentified Developer Warning

The Launcher is unsigned. If you double-click to open the Launcher, you will likely receive an error. To avoid this error, simply right-click on the Launcher and then click “Open” instead of double-clicking.

AppTranslocation Error under macOS 10.12 Sierra (or Later)

In macOS 10.12 Sierra, Apple has increased the level of security provided by GateKeeper. While this increase in security is welcome, it ‘breaks’ some applications. Fortunately, there is a quick and easy workaround. If you receive an error related to AppTranslocation when you attempt to run the Launcher, follow these steps to fix it:

1. re-download the *.dmg or the *.zip,
  2. open the file after download,
  3. and then move the two *.app files inside the resulting “AirPort Utility 5.6.1” folder one at a time to a folder on your hard drive (the Utilities folder in Applications is the recommended location for obvious reasons).

That’s it. The Launcher should continue to work for you under macOS 10.12 Sierra (and this fix is a one-time necessity).

AirPort Unit Does Not Show Up in AirPort Utility v5.6.1

Try connecting the unit directly to your Mac via an Ethernet cable, and then re-launch AirPort Utility v5.6.1.

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #3

FAQ

1. Why do you need my address and phone number?
    For freeware (e.g., the Launcher), we don’t. The checkout form on bristleconeit.com is primarily meant for use with our hardware offerings that do, naturally, require billing and shipping information. If you’re just downloading the Launcher, please feel free to provide ‘placeholder’ information. We suggest the following:

123 Main St
Anytown, CA 90001

and

213-555-1234

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #4

Wiki

Statistics

(as of 04 Feb 2019)

• Total Downloads: 189,737
  • Total Bandwidth: ~2.35TB (~2,466,581MB)

If each download represents just one AirPort Extreme or AirPort Express saved, then the Launcher has saved ~$26,563,180 in hardware from the recycling center or the landfill.

(Flatdogsound) #5

Hi I did try but so far no success , I using high Sierra , put them bolt in a folder in Application as explained I thing airport utility open cause it was searching for signal but when Itry to open airport v5.6.1 said don’t work something not sure bla bla version I will try again later thanks
Ps I am a picture guy more then reading just to say probably not the only one so it could help thanks again .
Gilles the French

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #6

Did you attempt to open the Launcher or AirPort Utility v5.6.1 directly?

You have to open the Launcher and it will then open AirPort Utility v5.6.1 for you.

I’m sure this would a number of people. I’ll look into putting together some additional pictures.

(rgtalerts) #7

Hi - I’m trying to resurrect a first generation airport express to use as a printer interface for a Brother printer. I downloaded your SW and it launches fine, However, it does not seem to find my AP Express when it scans. I’m running High Sierra on a Mac Pro with a Verizon Fios Gigabit router. The router is set to compatibility mode for the 2.4G signal. I have reset the AP a couple of times and rebooted the Mac as well. Help? Ideas?

(Corey J. Mahler, Esq.) #8

Have you attempted to connect to the AirPort Express using an Ethernet cable? I know some people have experienced connectivity issues with older units when trying to configure them via WiFi.

(rgtalerts) #9

Yes - but will definitely try again.